Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Surprise

When I woke up and stumbled into the bathroom this morning, on my vanity laid a hot pink piece of paper, folded in half, with a white sheet of paper folded inside it. On the outside was written "Mom" with a heart drawn beside it and "Happy Valentine's Day!" underneath it.

What was this? A handwritten valentine from one of my children?

Inside, in my daughter's teenage handwriting:

Happy Valentine's Day!

Mom, on valetine's day I am reminded
that no one in my life
gives more love than you do.
You care so deeply and give so much;
without you,
I couldn't be the person I am.
Your encouragement and support
make everything possible,
because I know
you'll always be there for me,
to cheer me up, to comfort me,
to give me a boost when I need it.
On valentine's day, I want you to know
that I love you, I appreciate you, and
I am so blessed that you are
my mother! have a Great Day.

My Valentine's Day is complete... my daughter loves me...

No comments: