Sunday, September 12, 2010

Grandparent's Day

Today is Grandparent's Day.

I'm still so fortunate to have my Mimi and Grandpa in my life. I'm 40 (and a half!) years old and still have two living grandparents... isn't that awesome?? When Big Joz and I married, all eight of our grandparents were still living and seven were at our wedding. He lost his last grandparent, Grammi, last November. She was as precious to him as my Mimi is to me.

I'm not trying to wish my life away or to wish my kids to grow up any faster than they already are, but I'm looking forward to being a Big Mama... someone told me yesterday that my grandchildren will be awful--we're going to have so much fun! I only hope that I can look at all the grandparents who have set such loving wonderful examples for Big Joz and me and become someone so dear and precious to my grandbabies... I have big shoes to fill!

No comments: