Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new job!!

OK, I admit... I've not done so well at keeping my blog updated. I'm not even going to attempt another promise...

I started a new job last Wednesday; I'm the Church Secretary for First Presbyterian Church. Yes, I am Methodist, and yes, I've worked as Methodist Church Secretary for several years (at two different churches), but they didn't have anything to offer me, so I went on down the street.

My first week at work started on a Wednesday (and I'm off on Fridays), so I only worked two days my first week. With Labor Day falling this week, I'm only working three days. It'll be my third week of work before I work a "full" four day work week.

Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new job! Tom, the pastor, is wonderful! I have asked several people to give me the inside scoop on his weaknesses and downfalls... I've not had anyone yet who can tell me even one! He and his wife Ashley are expecting their first baby in five weeks, so I'm thrilled to be able to be around a newborn again!

Yesterday, a precious older woman came in the office and Tom asked her if she had met "Paige" yet... she looked at me so sweetly and asked, "Our Paige?" It absolutely made my day!

Then last night, Mimi was telling me about Grandpa getting a large manila envelope in the mail yesterday at the "Rehab Center" (aka nursing home). The Tuesday morning men's prayer group sent Prayer Grams to Grandpa last Tuesday... the day before I even started working!!

I love this congregation and am so looking forward to serving them!

No comments: