Wednesday, April 18, 2012

House Hunters #3

After looking at two houses that were obviously not "me", we drove to house number three. It was pretty much just like I saw it online. Nice front yard. Minimal landscaping (read: easy to maintain). From the outside, it all seemed very symmetrical (which I like); long windows on either side of the front door that allow great natural light to come in.

When I walked in, it smelled fine (which is a big deal--even though it's been empty a little while, it didn't smell musty at all). I liked the tile in the entry way (it reminded me of the tile I had in a former house, so it was instantly "home"y to me).

The house is laid out in a big walk around square type pattern. If you don't understand that, it's OK. I do. Turning to the right from the entry, then left to start the second side of the "square", there's a room on the right that could be a bedroom, perhaps, but there is no closet, so it'd be perfect for my office. That room also has carpet almost identical to a carpet I've used before. And there's another full-length window. I'm loving the windows in this house!

Next to the office is the downstairs (master) bath. Countertops. cabinets and paint are all very reminiscent of a former house of mine. Nice size. No linen closet, but I don't have one now, either! But, it's updated and I like it.

Master bedroom is average size with an average size closet with another great window. Very simple.

From the master, you make your way around to square side #3 which brings us to the eat-in kitchen. The kitchen has been updated with new stainless appliances, white cabinets and nice neutral countertops. I wish there was a little more drawer space, but there are lots more cabinets and countertops than what I have now and I could make it work. I wish there was a window in front of my kitchen sink, but, again--compromise. There's a good sized area to put my table and chairs, and another wall area I can put a cabinet or shelf for all my stoneware. There's a French door that goes out onto the carport (so I can bring in groceries without getting rained on).

The fourth side of the "square" is the living room. Thirty feet long, 16 feet wide. Hardwoods, fireplace, two full-length windows. LOVE it!

Upstairs are two more bedrooms (one would be a guest bedroom, and the other would be a... I don't want to say "junk" room, but--that's where I'd keep arts/crafts, scrapbooking, photo stuff. The bathroom upstairs is nearly the same as the bath downstairs.

There's a nice size backyard with fence along the back and a great little patio area.

I am IN LOVE with this house. I WANT THIS HOUSE! So badly, in fact, that I've become rather obsessed... I find myself driving by at odd times, just to see what it looks like, or that's it still there and more importantly, that it's still for sale.

I have begun the pre-approval process to make an offer on the house, but it's going to take time. I need to eliminate quite a bit of my credit card debt (duh!). Big Joz has to remove me from the mortgage and HELOC that we formerly shared. And unfortunately, it's not as easy as just saying "take her name off". So, please say a prayer and send lots of good vibes. This house feels like home to me and I want out of my tiny little apartment so badly! I just need to get all my ducks in a row and pray that Big Joz does too.

So, as you can probably figure out, I "chose" House #3... actually, I think it has chosen me!

Moving forward from there,

No comments: