Monday, June 20, 2011

Hot Chicken Dip

I have too many recipes. I've been a recipe clipper from way back. Last week, as I was trying to organize just a small portion of my very many, I began to get overwhelmed. I -- gasp-- actually threw some away!! I admit, I had never tried them, but at one time, those recipes appealed to me, for whatever reason.

I can't handle it anymore... I'm going to actually start trying and making recipes from my collection. I realize that I could literally try a new recipe every day for the next 20 years and not get through them all. Every day really isn't feasible, though, so I'm setting a lofty goal of trying at least new five recipes every week.

Each recipe will be posted here, along with notes about the recipe. Try them yourself and let me know your opinions also!

My cousin, Stacy Smith, emailed me this recipe in September 2007. She had said it was easy, and there's no arguing that point!

Hot Chicken Dip

1 can chicken, drained
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened

Mix together and bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.

This dip isn't very colorful at all; Big Joz said it looked like "Warm Sick". Nice, huh? It tasted pretty good, but I felt like it needed some extra seasoning or flavoring to boost it some. Next time, I'll add either some Lawry's seasoning salt and Crazy Jane's Mixed Up Seasoning Salt. Would also be good with some crab or bacon added to it. I scooped it onto Ritz crackers; Big Joz used tortilla chips. It was a nice little Friday night snack for the two of us.

No comments: