Friday, February 10, 2012

Best Roast Ever. Period.

I had a woman inbox me on Facebook this week about placing an order for Pampered Chef. She came to my office to pay me for her order (Food Chopper and Deep Covered Baker). Then she told me about the way she makes roast in the Baker and swears it's the best roast ever. I love a good roast. But for the life of me, I've never been able to make what I consider to be a really good one. What makes a really good roast? Tender, salty and beefy. Period. Good beef doesn't need much "extra" flavor. I think my main problem over the years has been trying to rush it and get the roast cooked rather quickly because I haven't planned ahead too well.

I earned a Deep Covered Baker for submitting at least $1,250 in my first 30 days of business. As luck would have it, I received my Baker this week, so I planned ahead and decided to make the roast for supper tonight. OH. MY. GOSH. It really IS the best roast ever.

Chuck Roast
1 pkg. dry au jus mix

Place roast in Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker. Sprinkle dry mix over roast. Place lid on baker. Bake 6-8 hours at 225°.

So tender, juicy and flavorful! Thank you Pam Galloway... for the order and the recipe!

No comments: