Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sopapilla Cheesecake

Night before last, I wanted something sweet after dinner. Not just a little sweet, but super ooey gooey decadent deliciousness. I was thinking chocolate. Nothing specific was coming to mind, so the cookbook perusing began. I found the recipe below. I had never heard of it before, which is unusual for me. It's not chocolate, but boy did it hit the spot! Last night, a friend came over and I offered her some dessert. Because of some severe food allergies she has, she asked what was in it. I told her the ingredients and she replied that sure she'd love some. Then she asked me if it was "Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars". I laughed and told her it was and she told me she LOVED it! She suggested warming it a bit and drizzling with honey before serving. Oh yeah... that made it even better!

Sopapilla Cheesecake

2 cans crescent rolls
2 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
½ c. cinnamon-sugar
1 stick melted butter

Spread 1 can crescent rolls into 9x13 baking dish. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread creamed mixture over crust. Top with 2nd can of crescent rolls. Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Let cool. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares or bars.

May also reheat in microwave and drizzle with honey before serving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's me, Rosalie ... saw that you've got a blog so I had to check it out. Anyway -- I love these this recipe. I found it online years ago and finally made it in December. The only thing is that I cut the amount of sugar way, way down otherwise I figured it would be way too sweet. The second time around I made a regular cheesecake filling, with eggs, etc. for it. No matter what -- it's a keeper!