Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First Plane Ride


Pud enjoyed her first plane ride this past weekend. It was also the first plane ride Bud remembers...he flew when he was a toddler to Salt Lake City at Christmastime, but he doesn't remember it.

Anyway, we left our small hometown airport just before 6 am heading to Atlanta to make a connection to Kansas City. Getting through Security was an experience...naturally! I had Bud, aka "Mr. Know-It-All" trying to get the last word in with every comment anyone made. He was also in charge of THE backpack...the wonderful carry-on that carried Pud's & my makeup.

Luckily, Big Joz had driven to KC earlier in the week and had taken everything else with him, so we didn't have to check luggage.

Anwyay, Bud agreed to be the keeper of the backpack. While Pud & I were loading our spillable, smearable, otherwise-mess-making products into Ziploc bags, Bud decided to rearrange the backpack.

After we made it through the first round of "enjoy your local airport at its finest", one of the official looking guys walked toward me with MY MAKEUP BAG! Seems as if Mr. Know-It-All (Bud) had left it behind. When I barked at Bud, he mouthed back that it wasn't HIS makeup bag!

Then came the second leg of "Make it to the Airplane"--going through Security! My backpack had been a gift from our Director of Student Ministries--who I work for. And help chaperone trips for. He had completely outfitted my pack...along with a multi-purpose tool I completely forgot I had in there! I had to take a little trip back to the parking lot to deposit this handy dandy gizmo back into my vehicle! THEN go BACK through Security to fetch my kids!

All in all, we had safe travels, no turbulence and a pleasant experience (once we got off the ground!).

Pud did say, though, that she liked "cruises better because there's more to do." Duh!

No comments: