Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fitness, Diet, Exercise...words that upset me

I'm fat. Not obese. Just fat.

I gained over 40 pounds the first year I lived in Mississippi. I attribute the weight gain to quitting smoking, the stress of the move in general, drinking way too much wine on a very regular basis, becoming lazy and enjoying the relaxing life of a stay-at-home mom with nothing to do in a new town.

The move was over 18 months ago. I'm still not smoking, the stress of the move is really over, I'm not drinking as much wine (partly because it's VERY difficult to find MY wine here and partly because I've now discovered Coconut Rum!!), I'm now working full-time and really keep myself pretty busy.

My eating habits really have never changed...I ate about the same amount of "bad" food before I moved.

However, I'm tired of being this size. The number on the tag in the back of my britches doesn't necessarily bother me as much as the way I feel. My feet hurt, my ankles hurt, my knees hurt, and I know it's in large part to my larger size.

I've never been a real good dieter or exerciser. I lack motivation and knowledge.

However, I have decided that it's time to start taking better care of my physical self. I want to look and feel good on my 40th birthday...I know it will take time, so I'm going to start thinking about taking the initiative and doing words that upset me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama Joz, you're not fat you are just fluffy.
Yours friends at PECA

Mama Joz said...

What is PECA?

Anonymous said...

What is PECA? How soon we forget!!
Must be the coconut rum. We still love you.
Yours Friends at PECA

Mama Joz said...

Glad you still love me...would you give me a little hint about PECA?

Anonymous said...

coconut rum just might help Mama Joz out on the exercising:)